Careers at Watch Supply
We are a small team of enthusiasts and we are looking for great new team members that share our passion.
Watchmaker for Live events (Minijob)
Watch Supply is a small scale watchmaker in North London, offering watch fans the chance to build their own automatic watch at home or in our London workshop. For our live watchmaking events we are now looking for an experienced, independent watchmaker that enjoys to speak to people about horology and assist them in the assembly of their watches on the weekends.
If you would like to know more about the role or apply for this position, please send your CV and contact information to Hello@Watch-supply.co.uk.
We offer live events in small groups of up to six people on the weekends. During these seminars watch fans visit our London workshop, discover our range of models and build their own watch with the help of our instruction videos and the team/you.
For these events we are now looking for an experienced watchmaker that would enjoy speaking to our clients and ensure they have a great time building their watches.
Who are we looking for
- A passionate watch enthusiast who enjoys discussing horology and working with people who are either just starting their watchmaking journey or want to build on their experience.
- You need to be comfortable to stand and talk in front of people
- You need to be able to assemble our watches and to help/fix problems our clients might encounter (dial and hand installation, movement tests, installation into the case).
- The ideal candidate would have formal watchmaking training, but we can also consider applicants with notable experience and passion for the role.
- This job is a great fit for candiates with a few years of experience looking for an interessting side gig/income
- Please note that we can't offer any visa sponsorship for this role.
- Excellent written and spoken English required.
- Responsibility and ability to hold live seminars in small groups
- Seminar work entails explaining our watches, holding a short presentation on the workings of a mechanical watch
movement as well as support during the assembly (instructions provided electronically)
- Seminars are conducted in our North London workshop (N7 9HG) on Saturdays
- Employment is in the form of a zero hour contract and hours can vary
- Hourly wage of £20 with performance bonus depending on company and employee performance
- Job Types: Part-time, Zero hours contract
Part-time hours: 5-10 per week
- Salary: £20.00 per hour